Thursday, March 17, 2011

Last Resort

I got to speak to the person who inspired me to blog again! Well, sort of speak. Thanks to Facebook. Amazing! check it out:

Cool, huh?

Good thing he brought up that "niligawan mo pala ate ko" thing. We had something to talk about. Which reminded me (I forgot I had it, until then) of the pictures of him and her sister on my journal when I was in high school. Dave looks very different on those two pictures of him in my diary compared to what I'm seeing in his Lookbook now. 

The bad thing though is... this...


My heart raced when I read "PAKSYET!" My first thought was "ohmigadohmigadohmigad! Not again!" I didn't want to offend her again.

For some reason this reminds me of how I felt during the time I made that very stupid thing. It's been six years (more or less) but it's amazing how I can still vividly remember what happened. Must have been one of those character defining moments of my life.

It was the last months of 4th year high school. Everyone was looking for a date. Well, maybe not every one. I don't think my best friend Abdul even thought of bringing someone that night. But anyway, the point is that it was that moment when San Beda High School Class of 2005 were looking for, inviting or choosing a girl to date. I was one of the people who are in the "inviting" process. Mine did not go through as planned, unfortunately. Worse, I even offended the girl I wanted to be with.

Stupidly, I decided to invite her through chat. I think she said she'll think about it. Then I said I'll try to invite other girls and then I jokingly added that she would be my last resort. She was the only girl I ever asked. Of course, she turned me down and got mad. So I don't think she got the joke. :D

I always thought that ruined any chances I might have had with her at that time.

Well, I ended up without a date that night. (Along with most of my Berclimmicks friends. lol) For some reason, I don't remember if she was Marc's date that night though. Must have suppressed and forcibly erased memories of her that night due to despair and heartache. LOL.

Chiqui, were you there? Hmm. Must look for photos. :D

Come to think of it, I don't think I have any photos of myself that night. No, I don't! My god! Pathetic. LOL.

3 comments:

Abdulicious said...

It's not pathetic not to have photos of yourself in prom. And maybe I'm saying this because I also don't have pictures (I don't have any particularly special feelings for that night). It's the memories that matter.

That was, incidentally, one of the days in Beda that was so full of hormones and angst and excitement, it could have been a TV show episode.

francismoses said...

I know. haha. It's just sad though that we don't have any tangible memories of the night

Paul said...

Nice! He's one of my favorite bloggers as well! :)

http://meesterdapper.blogspot.com/