Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Foodendum

I left home early for work today. I was hoping not to ride a taxi but Lady Laziness got the better of me so I did. It was cool though. I rode an honest taxi - I mean not one of those taxis which meters run faster than the taxi itself.

This is the scene when I left home by the way.


That would be Emily, the helper, at the top most. Then my gorgeous mother in the middle and at the bottom of the pyramid (lol) would be my sister's daughter, Nicole (I'm not sure if it's called neice or nephew. too lazy to google. lol). That's what they do during their free time. More productive than just watching tv or taking siesta, right? :P

Although I left home early, I wasn't able to eat breakfast so I decided to eat something from the pantry. I went with spaghetti instead of champorado which I later regret. The thing was, quite frankly, disgusting. I forced myself to eat some so I can take my medicine for my cough and colds. I'm never buying anythink like that from them again. Never!



We had our anual Physical exam today. I found out that I'm a half inch taller! I'm now five feet and eight and a half inches tall. Another half inch more and I'm happy. For some reason I can't forget the poster from Folded and Hung a few years back. They had this model search competition and the minimum height requirement for guys is five feet nine inches. So that has always been my goal since then. I'm not really sure if I would still be growing any taller at all. Who knows.

The nurse had to take my blood pressure two times because the first one was a little high. She got 130/90 the first time when I know I'm usually 110/70. And that's exactly what she got the second time. Maybe my blood pressure went up because of that other nurse who painfully milked my finger for blood. Curse her!

We also had our eyes checked - I'm still 20/20. I always wondered what you see on that thing where you rest your chin on it and the doctor will check on the other side. It turned out, it's a hot air balloon scenery thing. Is it the same with all other machines of this kind?

Then the came the actual Physical Exam. Naturally, there's the repetitive health questions and stuff. But no, there was no touching of the balls and caressing of the legs. Unfortunately. Lol. He did take a look at it though.

The last stop was x-ray. We had to go down then out the building for it. Gilbert  was there when I arrived waiting outside the X-ray Mobile Truck thing. It was quite fancy inside - with sofa, dim lights, and all.




The rest of the night was work work work. It wasn't that bad though, not a lot of calls so we had a lot of time to rest as well. Thanks British people for not calling. :D

After work, before going home, Hazel and I decided to eat. I've been eating there for quite some time now but I just learned today that it's called "Rica's Tapsilogan."  I love the place  because it's inexpensive and the food is decent. (I just remembered the spaghetti from the pantry again. Argh!)

Bulak and I eat there every time he has to go home early morning from a sleep over before going home. For some reason, the place sells stuffed toys and other stuff that no one seems to be buying. I've been seeing these for almost a year now:


Hazel ordered "Baconsilog" (minus the sinangag) and I ordered "Chicksilog" (again, minus the sinangag, it  was served with plain rice) which she later envied me for. We talked about issues at work while eating. Gossips. Controversies. Speculations. The likes.

She also showed me her slimming capsules thing which, according to her, is working. Forgot to ask her for the name though. I'll ask her if anyone's interested. We ate happily ever after. :D

(pro-ject!)

(this is her praying for a better Fizzback. lol)

(menu)



(cholesterol. she has her slimming pills, don't worry.)

(inexpensively yummy!)

No comments: